Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Natural Healing

I've been so fortunate to work at the Co-ophttp://www.sacfoodcoop.com as the Wellness Manager for over a decade. I've been able to travel the country and learn from world renowned herbalist,naturopathic Dr's, listen to other teachers, friends & co-workers on some of the subjects that I find important...the environment, DSHEA,CODEX, Organic Farming, supporting our community, raw foods, other dietary avenues, just to name a few. And one that I find close to my heart ♥ Alternative Healing modalities.

Moving to Santa Cruz from Ventura (where I grew up) in my early 20's for 4 yrs was one of the best adventures and learning experiences of my life. There I learned to become Vegan. It was so easy with all the delicious restaurants & like minded people. I learned about gardening, herbs, communal living, singing in praise, radical self-expression- I would go to body modification parties. Nothing like seeing someone get branded.sizzle...sizzle...(how do you deal with pain, but with pain) how hemp could save the planet, cooking,enjoying life, living it up with nature & alternative natural healing.

My first herbal book was Michael Tierra-The Way of Herbs. Being that he was a Naturopathic Doctor in the area I guess it made since ,but I didn't know it at the time. I had insomnia a lot during my early 20's and one of the things I would do was bake for my roommates. I would get on my bicycle at 2:00 am with The Way of Herbs, a canvas tote & some clippers. I would look for those plants around the beach, neighbors yards & empty fields. Pick them and bring them home. I would examine them, read about them and give thanks to them for sharing their knowledge & beauty to me. I would put them in vases all over the kitchen and living room with bake goodies on the kitchen table and a lovely note for all to enjoy my insomnia laded night of picking plants and baking. It was always a lovely sight to behold for my roomies... and that was a blessing.

It's been 20yrs and I've learned so much since those times in Santa Cruz & wanted to share with whomever wishes to learn more about Herbalism, Essential Oils, Alternative Healing, Spirituality, Organic Gardening, Raw & Vegan cooking and enjoying life.

I plan on doing a haul soon of Natural items that I've used before,during & after my recovery from my THR.

~Green Blessings,
Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment