Sunday, February 21, 2010

Green friends on the walk




Mugwort-Artemisia is my totem herb. She is such a good friend...slowly she is waking from her winter slumber and feeling the shift of spring deep beneath the earth.Being a March baby I, too, feel this spring energy under my feet. I will soon be able to enjoy her pungent leaves in my homemade dream pillows and cramp oil.


Artemisia has so many wonderful uses.


Medicinal Uses: nervine,digestion, liver cleansing,pre-menstrual issues & Moxa sticks to name a few.

Magical Uses: to encourage... psychic dreams, clairvoyance, astral projections, provide safe travels & strength.
Miner's Lettuce: the bottom picture.
The Gold Miners -49ers didn't have much in the way of fresh produce & used the surrounding plants. Hence, the name Miner's Lettuce. I love the history of this gold mining area in the Sierra Foothills and feel very blessed to be part of it.
You can add this lovely succulent plant to your salads & taste of bit of spring in every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment