Saturday, February 6, 2010

Moving Forward ~literally

I really can't get over the strange & surreal feeling of being able to move my hip/my body in ways that I haven't been able to in 30yrs. I've compensated for so many years and now I have to tell my mind, my body to move a different way. It's really very exciting. I was starting to feel stuck in my movements because of my hip restrictions, but at my 8wk post-op appt. on Thursday I received the o.k. to start doing things, slowly. I wonder now why I didn't get this surgery sooner. It's o.k. I did now & I know it's going to be a freakin' trip getting used to this new Bionic Body. I really can't express in words how I feel and it's very emotional at times.

So many people take their bodies for granted... they waste their lives not doing, not enjoying, appreciating or being envious of others. I've had other people envious of me, but would they really give up the simple pleasure, the simple thing as being able to touch their toes while sitting, doing a leg lift without thought, crossing their legs, sitting Indian style, bending at the hip, going for long walks/hikes. I don't think so... I say this not as a "poor me" attitude, but as a reminder to yourself to be happy, to "think" happy about yourself & your body, appreciate what you can do. Life has so much to offer all of us and so little time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment