Tuesday, February 9, 2010

FiRE iN tHE bELLy

It's been a hard journey...This Hip Shit really does Suck! I've been learning a lot about myself and knowing what I want and need from life. You have plenty of time to go deep inside your dark mind when you are recouping from a major surgery. A place that can be too dark at times...



... places that felt foreign to me, places I knew that if I didn't get out of, I had the potential to do something to myself that I wasn't going to return from. I've given all that I can and it's not enough.



I've been slowly crawly out and dusting off the cobwebs. 9wks & now starting to feel *Life* again. It's in our hands, it always was.



I began slowly stretching, bending, feeling what my hip would allow me to accomplish. Feeling my body slowly becoming one with my mind. Connecting the dots, connecting the thoughts, letting go and feeling what my mind & body needed to tell me.


While sitting at the edge of my bed listening to the beats I slowly started going through the motions of spinning my Poi. I know I want to be part of the Fire Conclave at Burning Man and spin fire at the base of the "Man". That is one goal that I will attain even if it takes a year.


Spinning Poi is a very healing, therapeutic & spiritual experience for my soul. I had to stop months before my surgery because it caused too much pain. I need this outlet & I can't wait to get started, again. I know it will be months done the road but it gives me something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment