Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Freedom at last

I put on my favorite ButtUgly ( is the name of the clothing line of a local artist & good friend that uses reclaimed vintage material ). Check out my FB ButtUgly Fan Club of her wares. Grabbed the car keys and was off for the 1st time in 7 wks. I drove all by my lil self. I took my mom to one of our gold country thrift stores out here on the divide. Freedom fo sho... I even made a date to see one of my best friends next week.

When you live out here in the boon-boon-boonies you have to be very organized and pray that it doesn't rain or snow. Or at least have the wine, beer or whiskey in the house. JK. Otherwise, you are staying in. And, let me tell you, I've been in this house for WEEKS. No way, was I going out & slipping,slipping, slipping into the future.

It feels so good to start getting out in the community & feel like a real person, again.

RockStar nails/Pedicure here I come...Haircut, too! Eeek! I feel like a little girl going to Disneyland for the 1st time. I thought I would never get this mop and toe jam dealt with. Gross- I know. When you have hip restrictions for 12 weeks you have to beg someone to clean those jankie feet and by that time they are looking pretty bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment