Wednesday, March 31, 2010

~The Limping Goddess~


I am the... Limping Goddess:She-Who-Survives. Though limping and calloused, are the lotus feet of She-Who-Survives. I don't take walking for granted & one day I will not have to use this cane. That will be ☺♪☼♪♥....slowly getting there after 16 wks post LTHR. Looking back I have come a long way from not being able to move my leg & being in sooo much pain to being the "Limping Goddess". Thanks for Kat another Hip Chick for giving me a tip on helping me walk. Heel, toe step while squeezing the butt cheek. It's amazing that such a small thing could really help.


I'm looking forward to the Summer, sand between my toes, riding my bike, Belly Dancing, Poi Spinning, swimming, and the warm weather. This snow & rain has been tough with recouping but it has been very pretty. This is the most snow that we have ever gotten up here in the Sierra Foothills.


Pilates has been another good friend. It has been very helpful to my recovery. I have tons of work out dvd's, stretch bands, yoga mats etc. I just need a stationary bike. I can't wait to start doing Yoga, again. I think I started to soon a few weeks back & hurt my good knee.


I'm starting to get more flexible & it feels great. I can almost sit indian-style. It is so very exciting to sit that way. I know I keep saying it, but it has been 30 yrs since I've been able to do that.
Hip Hip Hooray to a girl that never gives up.
I'm One Hip Chick!





8 comments:

  1. Ina, Just wanted to drop you a hello---you sound like you are doing better yet have setbacks along the way. Take it easy and you will be independent of your cane in no time...stay strong. You are such a beautiful person and a deep soul. xoxo Marianna (hip chick)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear lady,

    I've dropped here accidentally. Had a girl who limped and each time I see someone with such problem I think of her and my heart starts melting :-)
    Hope you are good now, feeling better every single day.
    Best regards from Montenegro, Europe,

    DRAGAN

    draganche70@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragan, thanks for the well wishes. "Feeling" better every day is the way to recovery. It's a life long journey and life is Always a Wonder, full of Hope and Life Electric!!!

    ~Ina~

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ina, what a beautiful blog, I found it through hipwomen. I wanted to send you my healing energy. I am a young hipgirl with a cane too. I hope by now 2013 you are doing well! I am pre-surgery. I started my own blog http://briarstitch84.blogspot.com/

    I wanted to comment on your limping goddess photo, I am fascinated by fellow hipwomen and their beds, because we spend so much time in them, especially me! It would be an interesting art project to see creative/healing bed spaces, I try to surround myself with art. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Girlie, I sent you a reply on the hipwomen group as well. I would really love to chat with you.

      Thank you for the healing energy. Hope to connect soon.

      xo Hip Chick

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I couldn't find your reply, but my email is briarstitch84@yahoo.com :)

    ReplyDelete